Creative Aging with Watercolors
This class progression is designed to expose participants to a variety of mediums while building essential skills that can apply to a variety of mediums they wish to pursue.
- In the first lesson, color wheel watercolor, participants are re-introduced to basic color theory.
- Participants utilize their color wheels that follow a color theme.
- Watercolor backgrounds are created to apply color knowledge
Each class is designed to involve conversation and collaborative work. Students are encouraged to look at each other’s work and provide ideas and strengths to encourage others. Instruction that incorporates history of the topic, basic art concepts, and talking points will be incorporated in sections to allow for independent creative work and social connections to be made among participants with the teaching artists and among themselves.
Class Schedule Watercolor
- Color wheel September 6th 4:00-6:00p.m.
- Color combinations and the diversification of watercolor September 13th 4:00-6:00p.m.
- Color layering within the watercolor medium September 20th 4:00-6:00p.m.
- Watercolor special effects part 1 October 4th 4:00-6:00p.m.
- Watercolor special effects part 2 October 11th 4:00-6:00p.m. 6. Watercolor on color, tips and pitfalls October 18th 4:00-6:00p.m.
- Creating the illusion of depth in a watercolor piece November 1st 4:00-6:00p.m.
- Landscapes in watercolor part 1 November 8th 4:00-6:00p.m.
- Landscapes in watercolor part 2 December 6th 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- Still life, watercolor December 13th 4:00-6:00 p.m.